Software Product Manager OEMs
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Software Product Manager OEMs
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
The Software Product Manager OEMs will be located at our Amsterdam based R&D department. As Software Product Manager you will report to the Director Product management.
The SPM will work as part of the Product Management Department and is expected to:
- Maintain and enhance relationships with the partners whom's products we incorporate in our Backbase Portal Platform
- Provide competitive analysis for market requirement documents and launch plans;
- Ensuring that Backbase OEM-ed products supports the overall strategy and goals of the Company;
- Translating market requirements and product roadmaps into specific product specification, backlogs and implementation plans and discuss these with the OEM partners;
- Managing multiple products’ project plans and ensuring product meets business needs and expectations within the designated time frame;
- Engagement relationship management including the conduct of regular collaborative business reviews with senior management as well as tactical account management through the use of defined qualitative and quantitative metrics monitoring and reporting that reflect ongoing health of the relationship;
- Work closely with Product Marketing on core positioning and messaging;
- Run beta and pilot programs with Early Adopter versions of products and samples;
- Perform product demos to customers and internal stakeholders;
- Brief and train the sales force at quarterly sales meetings;
- Brief press and industry analysts;
- Act as a product leader within the company.
The ideal candidate will match the following requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Software Product Manager for enterprise web technology based solutions;
- Demonstrated success defining and launching "game changing" software products;
- "Get it done" mentality;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English);
- Bahelor's degree (MBA preferred);
- Technical or UX background, with software design / development experience;
- Proven track-record in designing & delivering business critical web applications;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority;
- Experience with User Experience / User Centered Design is a strong plus.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Sr. Recruiter) at +31 (0)20 468 6838 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com