Professional Services | Johannesburg, South Africa | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Solution Architect
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
- We get things done
- We do more with less
- We believe in great design
- We are easy to do business with
- Together we make it work
The Solution Architect is part of our Expert Services consultancy team in South Africa.
As Solution Architect you are responsible for the successful design and realization of solid solutions with clients in South Africa. You will be integrating the Backbase products that are based in Web Oriented Architecture to diverse IT landscapes; you will be aligning with the customer’s architects and deliver a sound technical design for the developing of a complete "lightweight" architecture which is scalable, performing, secure and maintainable. You should be hands on and willing to take the design to the realization and delivery phases.
The ideal candidate for this challenging and demanding job as a Solution Architect with Backbase will fit the following profile:
- Proven experience in a similar role and solid knowledge as an Architect;
- Experience in designing software architectures that address aspects such as security, deployment, performance, caching, sizing, scalability, and service availability;
- Experience in large-scale projects (e.g. large amount of users & integration of various services);
- You should be a hands-on Java expert that leads by example;
- Experience in creating solutions for the financial market is an advantage;
- Hands on experience on Spring Security and SSO;
- Integration with CMS, CRM and other systems in SOA architecture;
- Author of Technical Architecture Documentation & experienced in the use of UML;
- Customer focused;
- Used in making decisions & ability to lead development teams;
- You possess excellent communicative skills in English.
- You currently live and work in Dubai
Ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing international organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Senior International Recruiter) at +31 (0)20 468 6838 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com