Products | Cardiff, United Kingdom | Full Time
Permanent, full-time based primarily in our Cardiff office
Backbase builds innovative, customer-facing fintech applications and services for some of the world’s leading financial institutions. As a Senior Web Developer, you will be designing and developing responsive web applications in an empowered team of highly skilled software developers, QA engineers, scrum masters and product owners. You will help us deliver successful customer implementations by cooperating with our Professional Services consultants, user experience experts, and partners.
- Design and develop web applications using a modern, responsive stack and tooling.
- Work closely with the product owner, developers and QA engineers to shape the product, analyse requirements and ensure our software is high quality.
- Ensure our solutions are tested, accessible, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.
- Work with your team and other web developers across the company to continuously improve our approach to front-end development.
- Mentor other web developers – be an approachable, passionate authority in front-end development and technology.
Background & skills
- Solid CSS3 & HTML5 skills
- 3+ years’ experience developing responsive browser-based applications
- 3+ years’ experience of frameworks such as AngularJS, AngularUI, Twitter Bootstrap, RequireJS/SystemJS, or similar technologies
- Definition and integration with RESTful APIs
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Initiative, self-starting, flexible and a quick learner
- Experience writing unit and integration tests with Jasmine, Protractor, Selenium Webdriver or similar. Worked with TDD, BDD methodologies
- Experience developing with ECMAScript 2015/6
- Worked with and/or defined modern tooling; including precompilers (SASS, LESS), code optimisers, linters, etc.
- Experienced with Scrum and Agile practices, automated testing, continuous integration builds
- Experience with Angular 2
- Demonstrated technical leadership in software development teams
If this job appeals to you and you think you’re up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact Emily Robinson email: emily(at)backbase.com
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.