(Senior) UX/Visual Designer
Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Imagine working with a dynamic young driven creative team - delivering the next generation of apps for our customers. As part of the Professional Services department you tailor the customer experiences exactly to the needs of the customers. Our UX team works on complex projects with big ambitions: we often change the online presence of our customers drastically. We bridge the challenges for users, technology, and business.
We work with our customers in in Russia, South Africa, Europe, Middle East and the USA. So a valid passport is a must have.
The UX Designer is part of the Professional Services (PS) team in Amsterdam. PS is a team of highly motivated specialists with the specific skills and experience required to make sure that the implementation of our product at our customer’s location goes ahead as smoothly as possible. The PS team also provides product training and implementation support services to all of our customers and partners. Every project has its own set of unique challenges that must be overcome, and PS team members must be able to think and react quickly to find a solution that works for everyone.
Our PS consultants work closely with partners and customers all over the world. They have the professional and personal skills required to develop, teach, support, and lead teams towards successfully delivering our enterprise solution and achieving their goals.
As part of the PS team you will report to the Operations Manager PS.
As Senior UX Consultant (with visual skills) you work inside the Professional Services Department, where you create the designs & wires for complex web applications (like Online Banking). You work closely with our customers to design end-to-end user experiences from the ground up. You define user journeys and intuitive designs. Within Backbase we have our own UX process that includes utilizing our UX pattern library and style guides to create wireframes, visual designs and other UX documentations.
What we need you to have:
- Bachelor or Masters-level degree in Graphic Design and/or User Experience;
- Experienced with designing intuitive, engaging user experiences and designs;
- Experience with designing for web and mobile applications;
- Experience with one or more UX tools, e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Balsamiq and OmniGraffle;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Online portfolio is a must;
- Experience working in a software development company that uses agile or lean methodologies;
- Experience producing design documenation like user journeys, wireframes, flow diagrams, site maps, ect;
- Experience in creating stunning visuals in Photoshop
- Experience in user testing;
- Enjoy to work in multi disciplinary teams of Designers, Analysts and Developers;
- Passion for staying up to date with the latest in user experience design methadologies and technology;
- Easy-going, fun and shouldn't take yourself too seriously.
If this job appeals to you and you think you’re up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact Roos de Bakker by email: roos(at)backbase.com
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- 4% matching pension scheme;
- Life assurance;
- Childcare vouchers;
- International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.