Senior Technical Pre-sales Engineer
Sales | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Senior Technical Pre-sales Engineer
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
Are you interested in being a part of one of the most exciting sales teams at Backbase? At Backbase you will be working with some of the most prestigious customers in EMEA, explaining how the Backbase technology can help them solve their business or technology challenges. Backbase next generation portal software offers a modern and cutting edge Customer Engagement platform that helps large enterprises to optimize their online customer interactions.
We are seeking for a highly motivated Technical Pre-Sales Engineer who will be participating in all phases of the presales cycle (information gathering, prototyping, offers, …), taking care of the technical activities within the cycle, and contribute to structurally improving Backbase ’s presales assets (samples, product demo’s, etcetera).
The roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Owning the technical activities within the sales cycles (technology deep-dives, creating code for PoC, advanced application integration, architecture design);
- Evangelizing on Backbase products, technologies and practices (written and verbal);
- Creating re-usable presales assets (code, demos, RFP responses, etcetera);
- Provide feedback to Backbase product management (roadmap input based on customer requirements);
- Assisting Account Managers in closing deal.
The ideal candidate must be able to articulate the business value of Backbase software and position it in competitive scenarios. In details the desired qualifications are:
- Strong technical background with 4+ years pre-sales (full presales cycle);
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English;
- Strong programming skills (hands-on) – You like to create smart code;
- Experience in defining enterprise software architectures (addressing topics like security, scalability, deployment, performance and risk management);
- Hands-on experience on integration scenarios with various back-end systems (e.g. CMS, CRM, ESB, BPM, etc);
- Experience with modern Java technologies and patterns (e.g. Spring, SOA) is preferred;
- Experience determining sizing and designing for scalability and availability;
- Detailed knowledge of web technologies;
- Have an eye for crispy web 2.0 application development;
- HTML, XML and scripting programming experience.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities (USA)
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Eveliese Luiting at 020 468 6838 or by email: eveliese(at)backbase.com