Senior Java Developer Evangelist
Academy | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Senior Java Developer Evangelist
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
The Senior Java Evangelist empowers our Patterns & Practices team. In this team you will work with our Professional Services and R&D teams.
Working with our Professional Services and R&D teams you will be responsible for capturing and communicating patterns and best practices both internally and externally.
You will be working with a variety of new technologies reflecting our numerous customer use cases (to name a few: oAuth, JSR286, Spring, SSO, Mobile Development, etc).
You should be a person that likes good architecture, clean code, knowledge sharing, and passionately advocating good practices.
The role is technical and you should be a web 2.0 Java Specialist matching as much as possible the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a Java Developer within Enterprise Projects;
- Extensive experience with Spring and modern Java architecture;
- Experience with Portals;
- Good experience on architecture design patterns;
- Experience with building a CMS and its integration;
- Experience with topics like sizing, scalability, deployment, security, cloud deployment;
- Experience with SOA Web Services and ESB;
- Integration expert (REST/SOAP);
- Some experience with Mashup, CRM or Business Process Management frameworks is beneficial;
- Experience with different frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring, Tapestry, JSF and GWT;
- Able to communicate internally to colleagues, to customers and partners;
- You possess excellent communicative skills in English;
- Ability to present to audience.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Senior International Recruiter) at 020 468 6838 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com