Senior Java Developer
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time and Contract
Backbase is hiring | Senior Java Developer
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Portal combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and delivers a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 150 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in four of the world’s most vibrant cities: London, Singapore, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The Java Developer is a member of the Research & Development team. R&D is a multi-disciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled UX designers, software developers, test engineers, technical writers and support engineers, guided by the CTO and the VP of Engineering. The team is responsible for the entire software development lifecycle of Backbase's portal product suite including out-of-the-box portal solutions. With your experience and skills you will contribute to the quality of our software products, helping to realize successful customer implementations by our Expert Services consultants and partners. You will also benefit from the knowledge and experience of your R&D colleagues. We work in Scrum teams in order to deliver new functionality in every release, closely cooperating with Product Managers and the Expert Services team. The complexity and nature of the product combined with the latest technology trends makes working in R&D at Backbase a great and challenging experience.
As Senior Java Developer you will work together with the R&D team on different components of our Backbase Suite to build, expand, and enhance our products. As Senior Java Backend Developer we expect you to help improve the R&D development department. You support the organization by sharing your knowledge, coaching colleagues and show ownership of one of our products. This role is a peer position in a product team, with the goal of defining the product architecture. It will give you the opportunity to put your mark on our products.
The ideal candidate for this challenging and demanding job will fit the following profile:
- Bachelor or Masters-level degree;
- Proven experience (7 plus years) within enterprise projects in different roles;
- Capable of transforming business requirements into technical architecture;
- Able to make estimations for various projects;
- Excellent understanding of, and ability to communicate in, the English language;
- You must be EU-citizen or American, Canadian or Australian.
Your personality can be classified as:
- Leader by example who is passionate about software development;
- Team player who takes pride in, and facilitates the sharing of, knowledge;
- Flexible, balanced, and willing to embrace change.
In addition, you have knowledge of:
- Spring and Spring extensions such as: Web, Security, Data or Batch;
- Persistence frameworks such as Hibernate or JPA;
- Application Servers such as WebSphere, Weblogic or JBoss;
- Databases such as Oracle or DB2;
- Scrum and Test-Driven-Development (TDD) with jUnit is most desirable;
- Experience with restfull services (REST);
- Experience within a product organization is an absolute must!
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Comany fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Willem Wijnans (Technical Recruiter) at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: willem [at] backbase.com