Senior Java Developer
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time and Contract
Backbase is hiring | Senior Java Developer
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
- We get things done
- We do more with less
- We believe in great design
- We are easy to do business with
- Together we make it work
The Senior Java Developer is part of Backbase’s R&D Team in Amsterdam. This team is responsible for the product development for the Backbase Suite. The product suite consists of the following: the Portal, the Portal Manager, Forms and the CMS. R&D uses Scrum for its development process along with elements from XP and TDD. The Scrum teams are highly self-sufficient, which gives developers the freedom, as well as responsibility, to deliver functionality as a team. Backbase has strong ambitions to become a major player in its field. We provide a challenging, professional, and informal working environment.
As Senior Java Developer you will work together with the R&D team on different components of our Backbase Suite to build, expand, and enhance our products. As Lead Java Backend Developer we expect you to help improve the R&D development department. You support the organization by sharing your knowledge, coaching colleagues and show ownership of one of our products. This role is a peer position in a product team, with the goal of defining the product architecture. It will give you the opportunity to put your mark on our products.
The ideal candidate for this challenging and demanding job will fit the following profile:
- Bachelor or Masters-level degree;
- Proven experience (7 plus years) within enterprise projects in different roles;
- Capable of transforming business requirements into technical architecture;
- Able to make estimations for various projects;
- Excellent understanding of, and ability to communicate in, the English language.
- You must be EU-citizen or American, Canadian or Australian.
Your personality can be classified as:
- Leader by example who is passionate about software development;
- Team player who takes pride in, and facilitates the sharing of, knowledge;
- Flexible, balanced, and willing to embrace change.
In addition, you have knowledge of:
- Spring and Spring extensions such as: Web, Security, Data or Batch;
- Persistence frameworks such as Hibernate or JPA;
- Application Servers such as WebSphere, Weblogic or JBoss;
- Databases such as Oracle or DB2;
- Scrum and Test-Driven-Development (TDD) with jUnit is most desirable;
- Experience with restfull services (REST);
- Experience within a product organization is an absolute must!
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks, fruit
- Potential International career opportunities
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Senior International Recruiter) at +31 (0)20 468 6838 or by email: wouter [at] backbase.com