Senior Java Developer
Products | Cardiff, United Kingdom | Full Time
Permanent Role, Backbase Cardiff, Wales, UK
Backbase builds innovative, customer-facing fintech applications and services for some of the world’s leading financial institutions. As a Senior Java Developer, you will be designing and developing applications in an empowered team of highly skilled software developers, QA engineers, scrum masters and product owners. You will help us deliver successful customer implementations by cooperating with our peer R&D teams, Professional Services consultants and partners.
- Design and develop components, services and web applications that deliver value to our customers.
- Work closely with the product owner, other developers and QA engineers to shape the product, proactively gather requirements and ensure our software is high quality.
- Ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.
- Work with your team and other developers across the company to continuously improve our approach to development.
- Mentor other Java developers – be an approachable, passionate authority in development and technology.
Background, Skills and Profile
- 5+ years proven experience delivering enterprise-grade, service-oriented applications (SOA or microservices)
- Deep technical understanding of Java (7+)
- Spring Framework (including Core, Data, Integration, Web, Security, Batch)
- Relational Databases and persistence frameworks such as Hibernate, JPA
- Definition and development of Restful APIs (REST)
- Messaging frameworks and integration patterns (JMS, ActiveMQ, Camel)
- BDD or TDD experience; writing unit and integration tests with JUnit or similar.
- Application servers such as WebSphere, Weblogic or JBoss
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Initiative, self-starting, flexible and a quick learner
- Demonstrated technical leadership in software development teams
- Experience with Scrum and Agile practices
- Automated integration testing and continuous integration pipelines
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing and CQRS patterns
- Cloud-native application design
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms / PaaS; such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS or similar
- Microservices and containers
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact James Christian by email: jamesc(at)backbase.com
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.