Senior Java Developer
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time and Contract
Backbase is hiring | Senior Java Developer
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
- We get things done
- We do more with less
- We believe in great design
- We are easy to do business with
- Together we make it work
The Sr. Java Developer is part of Backbase’s R&D Team in Amsterdam. This team is responsible for the product development for the Backbase Suite. The product suite consists of the following: the Portal, the Portal Manager, Forms and the CMS. R&D uses Scrum for its development process along with elements from XP and TDD. The Scrum teams are highly self-sufficient, which gives developers the freedom, as well as responsibility, to deliver functionality as a team. Backbase has strong ambitions to become a major player in its field. We provide a challenging, professional, and informal working environment.
As Sr. Java Developer you will work together with the R&D team on different components of our Backbase Suite to build, expand, and enhance our products.
The ideal candidate for this challenging and demanding job will fit the following profile:
- Bachelor or Masters-level degree;
- minimum of 5 solid years experience within enterprise software projects;
- Excellent understanding of, and ability to communicate in, the English language and one other European Language. Dutch is an asset;
- Experience with Spring or similar lightweight Java frameworks;
- Experience with Spring extensions as Web, Security, Data and/or Batch;
- Experience with ORM frameworks such as Hibernate or JPA;
- Experience with Scrum and Test-Driven-Development (TDD) with jUnit is most desirable;
- Experience with restfull services (REST);
- Experience with CMS/Alfresco/ECM;
- Experience with deployment using Maven, Jenkins, Sonar;
- Experience within a product organization is an absolute must!
Your personality can be classified as:
- Leader by example who is passionate about software development;
- Team player who takes pride in, and facilitates the sharing of, knowledge;
- Flexible, balanced, and willing to embrace change.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch, rinks, snacks, fruit
- Potential International career opportunities
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Backbase Recruitment) at 020 468 6838 or by email: wouter [at] backbase.com