(Senior) Java Consultant
Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | (Senior) Java Consultant
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Portal combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and delivers a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 150 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in four of the world’s most vibrant cities: London, Singapore, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The Java Consultant is part of the Expert Services (ES) team. ES is a team of specialist with the right level of skills and experience to make sure that our product is implemented successfully at our customers. Our team provides expertise for the delivery of web solution using Backbase products for browser based applications and also mobile web applications.
Senior Consultants in their specialist field will work with partners and customers to ensure our customers successfully achieve their goals. This will mean you will develop, teach, support and lead teams in delivering enterprise solutions.
Additionally ES provides training and implementation support services to our customers and partners. You will report to the Operations Manager ES.
As a hands-on java backend consultant you will be responsible for integrating our flagship portal products into the enterprise ICT environments of our international clients. During our pilot and implementation projects you will be part of a highly skilled multidisciplinary team. You work closely with our clients, architects and frontend consultants to define the integration with the client’s back end systems, determine implementation details, and realize those implementations. You will also be responsible for integrating security layers, exposing relevant business data, configuring the Backbase portal, and when necessary develop custom extensions.
We are looking for motivate candidates that show us:
- The ability to lead;
- Have good presentation skills;
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a consultancy role;
- EU Citizen;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Willing to travel internationally;
- Bachelor / University Degree is preferred
Technically were are looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years development experience within Java Web/Enterprise projects;
- Understanding Design patterns and N-Tiers architectures;
- Experience with Java EE, Maven;
- Experience with application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere;
- Experience with Spring and other Java frameworks / open source libraries;
- Experience with Spring Security and SSO solutions;
- Experience with SOA and Web Services (REST/SOAP);
- Experience with database applications such as Oracle, MySql, DB2 as well as with SQL, JDBC and ORM tools;
- Experience with Web/Enterprise Content Management Systems;
- Experience providing sizing and scalability recommendations and solving connectivity and deployment issues;
- Experience deploying to application servers in enterprise environments.
- Experienced with using Agile development methodologies;
- Excellent team player and problem solver with a high level of self-motivation and initiatives;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Doing code reviews;
- Share knowledge throughout the company and beyond;
- Provide feedback to our product development team;
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks, fruit
- Potential International career opportunities
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Randy Patist (Senior International Recruiter a.i.) at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: randyp(at)backbase.com