(Senior) Frontend Developer
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
The Senior Frontend Developer is a member of the Products team. Products is a multi-disciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled UX designers, software developers, test engineers, technical writers and support engineers, guided by the Chief Architect and the Products manager. The team is responsible for the entire software development lifecycle of Backbase's portal product suite including out-of-the-box portal solutions. With your experience and skills you will contribute to the quality of our software products, helping to realize successful customer implementations by our Professional Services consultants and partners. You will also benefit from the knowledge and experience of your Products colleagues. We work in Scrum teams in order to deliver new functionality in every release, closely cooperating with Product Managers and the Professional Services team. The complexity and nature of the product combined with the latest technology trends makes working in Products department at Backbase a great and challenging experience.
As Senior Frontend Developer you will join one of our Scrum teams to develop new functionality for the CXP platform and Launchpad solutions. You take ownership for the technical design and development of high-quality software. You work closely with architects, developers, testers and writers to make sure all functionality is complete, correct and maintainable. You drive technology innovation and refactoring initiatives. People turn to you for advice based on your sound experience and deep technical understanding of software development, practices and frameworks.
The ideal candidate for this challenging position as a Senior Frontend Developer within Backbase will fit the following profile:
- Developed responsive web applications, master in cross-browser compatibility;
- Demonstrated technical leadership in software development teams;
- Experienced with Scrum and Agile practices, automated testing, continuous integration builds;
- Experienced with performance tuning, reusability and maintainability of web applications, applying architecture design patterns;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Experience within a product organization is an absolute plus!
- Your personality can be classified as:Team player who is passionate about software development and actively shares knowledge;
- Leader by example who takes pride in delivering high-quality software according to plan;
- Flexible, balanced, always striving for improvements;
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Floris Ariens by email: floris(at)backbase.com
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.