Senior Frontend Developer
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Senior Frontend Developer
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Portal combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and delivers a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 150 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in four of the world’s most vibrant cities: London, Singapore, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
R&D is a multi-disciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled UX designers, software developers, test engineers, technical writers and support engineers, guided by the R&D manager. The team takes care of the entire software development lifecycle of Backbase's Customer Experience Platform and out-of-the-box portal solutions (Launchpad). You will enjoy working together with highly skilled peers, driven by innovation and advanced technologies. We work in Scrum teams, closely cooperating with Product Managers, Architects and the Expert Services team. The complexity and nature of the product combined with the latest technologies and frameworks makes working in R&D at Backbase a great and challenging experience.
As Senior Frontend Developer you will join one of our Scrum teams to develop new functionality for the CXP platform and Launchpad solutions. You take ownership for the technical design and development of high-quality software. You work closely with architects, developers, testers and writers to make sure all functionality is complete, correct and maintainable. You drive technology innovation and refactoring initiatives. People turn to you for advice based on your sound experience and deep technical understanding of software development, practices and frameworks.
The ideal candidate for this challenging position as a Senior Frontend Developer within Backbase will fit the following profile:
- Developed responsive web applications, master in cross-browser compatibility;
- Demonstrated technical leadership in software development teams;
- Experienced with Scrum and Agile practices, automated testing, continuous integration builds;
- Experienced with performance tuning, reusability and maintainability of web applications, applying architecture design patterns;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Experience within a product organization is an absolute plus!
- Your personality can be classified as:Team player who is passionate about software development and actively shares knowledge;
- Leader by example who takes pride in delivering high-quality software according to plan;
- Flexible, balanced, always striving for improvements;
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Senior Corporate Recruiter) at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com