Sales Operations Analyst
Sales | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase provides a compelling opportunity for talented professionals looking to further develop their skills and grow their career. Backbase has an innovative, team-oriented and 'can do' culture. We offer a flexible, informal and exciting working environment with plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a professional and as an individual. As a Sales Operations Analyst in the Backbase team in Amsterdam, you will have a significant impact on the growth and success of the Sales Department.
We are seeking a Sales Operations Analyst to drive our forecasting, opportunity management, sales reporting, competitive intelligence and regular sales force training activities. This is a hands-on position that’s critical for the company's success.
Areas of focus for this role are: financial reporting and analysis of sales, overall sales, quota and margin management.
- Prepare weekly forecast for the senior management team, including pipeline, weighted bookings, margin, and key deals to close, progress on plan, revenue recognition compliance, wins/losses and activity changes for multiple time intervals.
- Complete sales reports for Senior Vice President, Sales that analyze sales performance by region, team and customer.
- Drive cross-functional alignment on strategic deals, creating “deal sheet” summaries, and drive approval across the organization, raising “red flags’ as appropriate.
- Hands-on configuration and management of our CRM system (Salesforce.com) to streamline our sales processes. Train new sales employees on the CRM system and process.
- Ensure that all quotes (pro-forma orders) meet all financial, legal, product management and manufacturing approvals. Track all sales orders to closing.
- Manage annual creation of quota sheet for the sales team, including individual and team components. Build related compensation plans and work with the finance department to ensure accurate payments for all plan participants.
- Cultivate cross-functional relationships to help improve process efficiencies.
- Create and update central knowledge base with competitive information.
- Organize quarterly sales training sessions.
- Bachelor or University degree, and looking forward to pursuing a career with an international company;
- 5+ years of Sales Operations/Support experience;
- 2+ years of Salesforce.com;
- Proven ability to create, maintain and present regular (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) reports, and develop ad hoc reports to support strategic planning;
- Proven track record in building and implementing new processes.
- A team player – you have a track record of working collaboratively as part of a larger team on a mission;
- Process-oriented – you are obsessed with efficiency, removing roadblocks for the sales team;
- A solid communicator – you enjoy working with internal partners to solve problems;
- Entrepreneurial – you thrive on creating things that didn’t previously exist;
- Analytical – you love to mine data, unlocking key insights that drive strategic decision-making.
If this job appeals to you and you think you’re up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact Sebastiaan van den Ouweelen by email: sebastiaan(at)backbase.com
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience)
- 25 holidays (based on a 40hr working week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit
- Company fitness plan
- Potential international career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment, where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.