Professional Services | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
The QA Lead is part of our Professional Services team, a team of specialists with the necessary levels of skill and experience to ensure our product is implemented successfully for our customers. You will lead a team of QA Engineers with focus on best practices within the quality, test automation and CI spaces, and work with the rest of the leadership team to ensure the organisation is always running smoothly. These practices include metrics to monitor code coverage, bug prevention strategies, and other quality measures.
- Ensure we deliver only the highest quality solutions.
- Define test strategy and methods of working across projects.
- Produce defect metrics and dashboards on the full QA process.
- Ensure automated tests and CI for back-end and front-end components of our web solutions and native/hybrid mobile apps (iOS & Android) with industry standard testing tools and scripting languages.
- Grow and mentor the QA team.
- Product ownership for the internal test automation framework and monitoring system.
- Ensure adherence to accessibility and other regulatory compliance.
- Help Professional Services teams continuously improve their QA efforts and processes.
- Evaluation and introduction of QA tools and techniques.
The role is hands-on. You are expected to:
- Test new features on different test levels (integration, system, functional, regression, exploratory testing).
- Understand business requirements and develop test scenarios/cases.
- Write test plans with schedules and dependencies.
- Carry out performance testing.
- Help define security testing.
- Plan and perform manual & automated tests.
- Strong communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- Experience in setting up continuous integration with end to end automated testing on web and mobile.
- 5 years’ relevant experience in test methodologies, preparing strategies and plans.
- Automated API testing experience.
- Experience testing web applications and mobile apps.
- Proven background in creating test cases (test scripts).
- Experience with Jenkins to integrate automated testing.
- Experience with version control systems (SVN/Git).
- Understanding of agile working.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Monique ten Hagen by email: monique(at)backbase.com
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.