Public Relations Coordinator (24-32u)
Sales | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Part Time and Contract
Backbase is hiring | Public Relations Coordinator (24-32u)
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
- We get things done
- We do more with less
- We believe in great design
- We are easy to do business with
- Together we make it work
Backbase seeks a Public Relations Coordinator. The candidate should have a genuine passion for the public realtions and media relations and enterprise software fields. The position calls for an expert publicity strategist and enthusiastic social media consumer. You will create and execute compelling, proactive communications campaigns that highlight the benefits of our products and the success of our customers. Drive awareness of our products by getting stories in relevant technology and business publications. Develop written materials, including story pitches, briefing docs, communications plans and FAQs, press releases, and other collateral. You will be the first and only PR focussed employee at a fast growing company and will be part of the marketing team. You can work from home (US), our New York office or Amsterdam office.
- Making PR Pitches for Backbase worldwide;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with enterprise software, fintech, technology, banking, and business press/bloggers, while driving proactive efforts for coverage of Backbase;
- Facilitate/coordinate briefings between Backbase executives and media / bloggers;
- Provide post mortem analysis of PR activities and weekly/monthly KPI reporting;
- Manage media list updates including changes as well as positioning and activity;
- Monitoring online activity and offline coverage of Backbase and respond if necessary;
- Maintenance of weekly PR update spreadsheet and collation of press clippings for internal and external use;
- Develop compelling written materials, including fact sheets, Q&As, press releases, media alerts, and backgrounders, all of which demonstrate a deep understanding of Backbase’s products;
- Keeping track of events in the industries that Backbase spans and orchestrating presences in the form of speaking engagements, sponsorships, client dinners, and more;
- Managing and creating content for Backbase's content channels: social media, our blog, and our newsletters (in collaboration with our copywriter and internet marketer).
- 2 -5 years experience with public relations and media relations (PR Agency preferable);
- Solid understanding of the enterprise software and/or fintech trends and market;
- Candidates should show they can work and deliver results solo, without agency or other external support;
- Must exhibit strong writing, communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to the press and colleagues;
- must have experience with public relations and media relations within USA;
- Event planning and logistics experience;
- Must have mastery of press relations standards and practices for release and pitch development and publishing;
- Ability to learn and develop with an established and growing market is a must;
- Must have ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline oriented, high-energy environment with a consistent CAN DO attitude!
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Eveliese Luiting at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: eveliese(at)backbase.com