Project Management Office (PMO) Assistant
Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Project Management Office (PMO) Assistant
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Customer Experience Platform (CXP) combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and provides a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 200 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in some of the world’s most vibrant cities, including: London, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The Project Management Office (PMO) Assistant is part of the Expert Services (ES) team. ES is a team of specialist with the right level of skills and experience to make sure that our product is implemented successfully at our customers. Our team provides expertise for the delivery of web solution using Backbase products for browser based applications and also mobile web applications.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic PMO Assistant with lots of enthusiasm, energy and drive. You must be willing and able to provide support to our teams by facilitating the smooth management of projects that span multiple regions around the globe. The ideal candidate will also have exceptional organizational skills and will be able to guarantee that projects run on time, meet every milestone, and result in the timely delivery of high-quality, leading-edge technology solutions. As such, you must have experience in resource planning and creating reports using excel and/or MS Projects.
The Junior Program Management Officer Assistant’s main role will be to support the ES management team by managing the resource allocations. The PMO assistant will be expected to collect, record, and maintain project resource data in an easily accessible database so that they are able to utilize it to optimize project planning and delivery and provide hands-on support across projects.
You will be expected to:
- Assist in managing resource allocation, including real-time adjustments based on emerging opportunities and challenges;
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports, and plans are relevant, accurate, and complete;
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a complete overview of all projects;
- Develop positive relationships with managers and staff to enable the PMO to provide right level of support;
- Be an effective communicator and organizer;
- Become hands on when required to use the Backbase solutions.
You have proven knowledge of and experience working as PMO assistant. You are not a technical wizard, but have a basic understanding of what technical projects encompass and look like. You need to be an excellent communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels within an organization in an empathic and considerate way. Organizational and cultural sensitivity are a must.
- Bachelor, Masters-level or University degree, preferably technical or business related;
- More than 3 years’ experience as a PMO Assistant;
- Experience in resource planning;
- Good knowledge of and experience working with Excel and/or MS Projects;
- Familiar with technical terms and projects;
- Strong consultancy skills, analytical, and communication skills;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English (Dutch is advantageous);
- Able to prioritize effectively and work towards strict deadlines;
- Flexibility is a must;
- European passport.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wil Wernars at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wil(at)backbase.com