Product Owner CXP Manager
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Product Owner CXP Manager
We're looking for an analytical and customer-obsessed Product Owner to help us extend and improve our CXP Manager – part of the Backbase Customer Experience Platform. CXP Manager is the main management environment where business users manage all aspects of omni-channel customer interactions.
As a technically-savvy Product Owner, you will be working in a start-up like environment with our talented Development and UX team to build high quality, large scale systems that are easy to use and deliver true business value. Our software impacts millions of end-users around the world. The better we do our jobs, the more positive impact we can make in the daily live of our customers. On the Backbase Product Management team, you get to Work Hard, Have Fun, and create Great Products! The Product Owner – CXP Manager will be part of the Backbase Product Management team and report the CXP Product Manager.
The Product Owner possesses the entrepreneurial spirit needed to extend and improve the CXP Manager. You have extensive domain knowledge of management environments of portals, content management systems, campaign management systems or comparable. You are expected to solve complex, functional and analytical problems in a customer centric manner and get things done while keeping the development teams productive. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, an expert at defining detailed functional product requirements and have exemplary communication skills to both technical and business stakeholders. User-friendliness is at the heart of this product. The ideal candidate will need to have a knowledge and passion for creating advanced user experiences in further improving the CXP Manager. The candidate will need to demonstrate an innate ability to dive into the details of daily operational issues, while keeping and eye on our long-term strategy. The best Product Owner will show commitment by doing whatever is necessary to build the best product possible via being actively engaged with the development team. If you’re entrepreneurial, and want to innovate, build and own transformative technology driven products, join us in making history.
- Participate in release planning, overseeing upcoming sprints (motivate the team with a clear, elevating goal)
- Keep the backlog ready for development,
- Provide business value based priority, focus on business value and clear measurements (what to do instead of how to do)
- Daily work together with a team throughout the project;
- Accept developed & tested work as Done;
- Own the product lifecycle from requirements gathering through production and release;
- Interact with customers to truly understand their needs, explain product vision and roadmap;
- Spend time with end-users to understand their pain points, gather insights on how we can solve customer problems in a delightful way;
- Translate ux-trends, ux–insights and customer needs into product specifications, backlogs and define the best implementation strategy together with development teams;
- Work with the CXP Product Manager to create the roadmap and work closely together with development manager to deliver within the agreed time frame;
- Work closely with Product Marketing team on core positioning and messaging;
- Run beta and pilot programs with Early Adopter versions of products and samples;
- Release-based knowledge transfer to all stakeholders including customers;
- Monitor and evaluate competitive market offerings and deliver on differentiation and analysis studies, positioning, and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Business Administration, Communications, Interaction Design or comparable;
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management in a software company with an understanding of product development processes;
- Deep experience in creating, developing and deploying modern management environments;
- Proven ability to handle multiple competing priorities, and ability to adapt in a flexible and fast-paced environment;
- Highly analytical, curious, able to identify and tell a story with data, and a self-starter who is a fast learner. Obsessed with creating and delivering new product releases that truly impact the customers’ satisfaction with the Backbase software;
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements.
- Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be detail-oriented;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive;
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful;
- Experience in industry research;
- Ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wil Wernars at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wilwernars(at)backbase.com