Sales | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Product Manager
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
As a Product Manager, you will be working in the marketing team based in Amsterdam.
As a Product Manager, you will be a part of the marketing team creating the sales support materials, white-papers, brochures and datasheets, as well as be responsible for the creation and maintenance of our product demos, ROI calculators, blog posts, cases studies, FAQ’s and other special purpose content and video. As Product Manager at Backbase you are the person that will help shape the Engagement Banking era and make Backbase the thought leader when it comes to Bank 2.0. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. In your role as a Product Manager you will be the expert in understanding our customer needs, matching our products to those customer needs, and differentiating Backbase from its competitors. You use your overall market- and product knowledge and translate it into compelling product marketing materials and sales enabling tools.
- Content generation - write and create sales support materials, white-papers, brochures and data sheets, ROI calculators, blog posts, case studies, FAQ’s, other special purpose content and video;
- Product demos - create and maintain superior product demos to be used by our sales team, our partners and our prospects;
- Sales & Partner enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to our regional sales teams and local resell partners and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of our software;
- Market intelligence – be the expert on our customer needs, what problems they try to solve, how they buy and what their buying criteria are. Additionally you have a sharp understanding of our competition and use this know how to clearly differentiate the Backbase value proposition.
- 4 + years of software product marketing experience;
- Technical background as sales engineer or pre-sales consultant is preferred;
- Bachelor’s in technology, business or marketing;
- Very strong written communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities (USA)
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wil Wernars at +31 (0)20 468 6838 or by email: wil(at)backbase.com