Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Pre-sales Engineer
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Portal combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and delivers a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 200 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in four of the world’s most vibrant cities: London, New York, Amsterdam and Atlanta. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The Pre-sales Engineer will join our sales team based in our New York office and will report to our GM US.
We are seeking for a highly motivated Pre-Sales Engineer who will be supporting multiple pre-sales cycles and contribute to structurally improving Backbase's pre-sales assets (e.g. samples, product demo's).
The roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Development of demos and technical presentations;
- Widget development;
- Execution of Proof of Concepts & Prototyping;
- Technical solutions mapping & implementation approach;
- Hardware sizing;
- Creating re-usable presales assets (e.g. code, demos, RFP responses);
- Provide feedback to Backbase product management (roadmap input based on customer requirements);
- Assisting Account Managers in closing deal.
The ideal candidate must be able to articulate the business value of Backbase software and position it in competitive scenarios. In details the desired qualifications are:
- Pre-sales (full presales cycle) experience;
- Willingness to travel (min. 30%);
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Basic Java knowledge;
- Detailed knowledge of web technologies;
- A strong eye and passion for next generation dynamic web 2.0 modern application design and user experience;
- Experience in defining enterprise software architectures (addressing topics like security, scalability deployment, performance and risk management) is a plus;
- Hands-on experience on integration scenarios with various back-end systems (e.g. CMS, CRM, ESB, BPM, etc) is a plus;
- Experience with application integration (SOA) is a plus.
Backbase offers a comprehensive Benefits Package through our Human Resources partner TriNet. Employee benefits includes a substantial number of Health Care policy options; Dental and Vision Insurance; Short & Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; 4% Matching 401k plan; Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Paid time off. Backbase coverage is substantial while in addition Backbase, through TriNet, is able to provide the employees with a wide variety of offerings for the employee to custom design benefits that work best for themselves and their families.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Eveliese Luiting by email: eveliese(at)backbase.com