Performance Test Engineer
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Performance Test Engineer
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
The Test Engineer is part of Backbase’s R&D Team in Amsterdam and will work closely with our development teams.
The QA /Test Engineer will work closely together with the development teams on different components of our successful portal platform. He or she will be responsible for developing and executing test plans that cover functional, performance, stress and stability requirements. Furthermore, the position contains the following tasks:
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing test procedures
- Automation of the test procedures
- Bug reporting and tracking, bug analysis and reproduction
- Bachelor degree in computer science or similar;
- Experience in software performance testing;
- Experience with test automation, tools and methodologies;
- Scripting or programming skills;
- Familiar with Java Enterprise projects;
- Good understanding, verbally and written, of the English language;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Initiative, self-starting , flexible and a quick learner.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch & snacks
- Potential International career opportunities (USA)
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman at 020 468 6838 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com