Mobile Developer / Architect - freelance 6 months
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Mobile Developer / Architect - freelance 6 months
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Portal combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and delivers a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 150 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in four of the world’s most vibrant cities: London, Singapore, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The Mobile Developer is a member of the Research & Development team. R&D is a multi-disciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled UX designers, software developers, test engineers, technical writers and support engineers, guided by the Chief Architect and the R&D manager. The team is responsible for the entire software development lifecycle of Backbase's portal product suite including out-of-the-box portal solutions. With your experience and skills you will contribute to the quality of our software products, helping to realize successful customer implementations by our Expert Services consultants and partners. You will also benefit from the knowledge and experience of your R&D colleagues. We work in Scrum teams in order to deliver new functionality in every release, closely cooperating with Product Managers and the Expert Services team. The complexity and nature of the product combined with the latest technology trends makes working in R&D at Backbase a great and challenging experience.
R&D uses Scrum as the development process, along with elements from XP and TDD. The Scrum teams are highly self-responsible which gives you a lot of freedom as well as responsibility to deliver functionality as a team. As a Senior Mobile Developer you will join one of the Scrum teams. Backbase has strong ambitions to stay a major player in its field and provides a challenging, professional, informal working environment. Our omni-channel and multi-device approach is one of our big USPs. We continue to invest in this and therefore we’re looking for a Senior Mobile Developer to create even a stronger position in this field.
As a Senior Mobile Developer you will be working on our flagship portal product, using the latest technologies. You will be joining a highly skilled team of both front-end and back-end (Java) developers providing lots of opportunities to both demonstrate and improve your skills. Your main responsibility will be the development of mobile apps using hybrid technologies, maintain and publish them.
The ideal candidate for this challenging position as a Senior Mobile Developer within Backbase will fit the following profile:
• 2+ years experience with hybrid mobile application development (Phonegap / Cordova, Appcelerator Titanium);
• 2+ years experience with non-functional requirements (security, performance, lifecycle management) related to development and deployment of enterprise and mission critical mobile applications.
• 1+ year hands-on experience deploying hybrid mobile applications to App Store and Google Play
• Experience with various patterns (MVC, interaction design) and architectures (Object Oriented Architecture, WOA/SOA)
• Passion and talent for user experience (UX), design principles and user interfacing;
• Pre: experience with Scrum and Test-Driven-Development;
• Pre: experience with automated testing;
• Pre: experience with build systems (e.g. Maven);
• You possess good communicative skills in English (both speaking and writing);
• You are proficient at expressing your professional opinion but listen to and value other contributions at the same time;
• You understand the importance of customers in product development and are capable of translating functional requirements into a technical design;
• Experience within a product organization is an absolute plus!
Freelance assignment for 3-6 months, onsite in Amsterdam
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Senior Recruiter) at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com