Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Mobile Developer
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
As Mobile Developer you are part of the R&D department of Backbase in Amsterdam. R&D uses Scrum as development process, along with elements from XP and TDD. The Scrum teams are highly self-responsible which gives you a lot of freedom as well as responsibility to deliver functionality as a team. As a Frontend Developer you will join one of the Scrum teams.
Backbase has strong ambitions to become a major player in its field and provides a challenging, professional, informal working environment.
As a Mobile Developer you will work on the latest mobile and cross-platform technologies on iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and Blackberry. You will lead the architecture and build software to strengthen the Backbase flagship portal product, but also give best practices to guide our implementations and advice our customers across the world on how to architecture and implement mobile portals. You will advice product management and work in a release team to integrate mobile solutions with other Backbase software. You will educate our designers, developers and testers on the latest development in mobile technology.
The ideal candidate for this challenging position within Backbase will fit the following profile:
- Broad architecture and development skills;
- One-man technology army;
- Devoted to keep on learning, understanding and using new mobile (cross platform) technologies
- Experience with mobile development on one or multiple of the main mobile platforms; iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and Blackberry;
- Experience with mobile development frameworks like App Inventor, DroidDraw, Rhomobile, PhoneGap, Appcelerator, WebView or AML is an advantage;
- Experience with Scrum and Test-Driven-Development is preferred;
- Quality driven & pixel-perfect focused;
- Understanding and experience on architecture design patterns;
- Able to mentor (junior) colleagues;
- You possess good communicative skills in English ;
- You are proficient at expressing your professional opinion but listen to and value other contributions at the same time;
- You understand the importance of customers in product development and are capable of translating functional requirements into a technical design
- Experience within a (international) product organization is an absolute plus.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities (USA)
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wil Wernars at 020 468 6838 or by email: wil(at)backbase.com