Manager Projectmanagement Web applications
Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Manager Projectmanagement Web Applications
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
Backbase is a Visionary software vendor listed the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software, founded in 2003 and privately held. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
The Manager Projectmanagement is part of our Expert Services team based in Amsterdam. The team is our client facing department who provides expert services to our clients. You will report to the Manager ES directly.
As Manager Projectmanagement you will manage a team of 3 Project Managers. Besides leading the team you will also be responsible for managing large, most company critical projects for Backbase.. Project Managers at Backbase not only manage projects, but also pre-sales Proof-of-Concepts for large International clients. Therefore, the ideal candidate will have a technical background and possess commercial drive, and the ability to identify new opportunities on client engagements.
- Experience leading technically complex internet projects;
- 5-10 years experience managing web based projects for large clients in the financial sector;
- Experience as Project Manager managing Fixed Price Projects;
- Experience managing international projects (at IPMA level);
- Prince2 practitioner or IPMA C certification with SCRUM experience is preferred;
- Experience with business consultancy and business development is preferred.
- Academic Degree such as Bachelor, HBO or higher is preferred;
- Ability to work well under stress;
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Dutch;
- Flexibility regarding work location, and a willingness to travel;
- Strong communication skills (at steering committee level).
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks, fruit
- Potential International career opportunities
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Sr. Recruiter) at +31 (0)20 468 6838 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com