Manager Expert Services
Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Manager Expert Services
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
The Expert Services Team is our client facing department which provides expert services. The team consists out of front- and backend consultants, projectmanagers, solutions architects, user experience designers, business engineers and an operations manager. The core competences of the team are:
- Expert Services
As Manager Expert Services you are responsible for building the Backbase Expert Services organization throughout the EMEA region, in line with the company’s 2015 global growth strategy. Growth targets for 2012 are to at least double the headcount of the team, to solidify its competence areas and grow the EXPERT Services team by 100% annually and creating a more efficient management structure. You are responsible for establishing, growing and retaining regional Expert Services teams of highly skilled web professionals around EMEA (Amsterdam, London, Moscow, Johannesburg). You ensure that regional Expert Services units are properly trained and equipped to use proven implementation practices and methodologies in order to deliver business value and faster time to market to our customers and implementation partners. You are dedicated to delivering results to our customers and ensuring full customer satisfaction with the Backbase software solutions and you manage / coach the Expert Services teams to deliver on quarterly reference, revenue, margin and personal development objectives. You are part of the Backbase MT and report directly to our CEO.
- Degree in Business Engineering, MBA or similar;
- Deep hands-on experience with WCM, Portal, eCRM and/or e-Commerce technology;
- Proven track-record of driving Professional / Expert Services team performance and having effectively managed enterprise scale projects and multiple technical services delivery teams;
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in expert services in any of the following areas; online channel optimization, customer engagement, web content management (WCM), e-commerce, e-marketing or web analytics. Thorough knowledge of and experience with technology that helps enterprises to optimize their online customer acquisition and customer satisfaction is a pre-requisite;
- Excellent communication skills, good presentation skills, and a detailed understanding of running complex e-business / e-commerce projects for large enterprises;
- Proven ability to balance customer demands with healthy revenue and profitability objectives;
- Leadership abilities to motivate and focus on team and individual objectives. Willingness to ‘roll up one’s sleeves’ and assist wherever needed. Team player who will work across the organization and company to continue improving the way we serve our internal and external customers;
- Ability to travel within EMEA with travel being up to 20% of the time.
- Connect with and understand our enterprise clients in Financial Services, so that we can continually improve our service offerings;
- Closely involved in advising and monitoring major implementation projects at our customers - very hands-on | understanding of technology required;
- Participate with other senior managers in client oversight and executive sponsorship / stewardship of key account relationships;
- Collaborate with practice leadership in developing and refining comprehensive Bank 2.0 Portal implementation practices and delivery methodology;
- Develop and execute 1-4 year business plan for the practice, initially focusing on building regional competence / delivery teams;
- Oversee and maintain the operations of the business and identify areas of operational inefficiencies and execute improvement plans;
- Implement and maintain a culture of client satisfaction and personal development of individual experts team members.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities (USA)
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Eveliese Luiting at 020 468 6838 or by email: eveliese(at)backbase.com