Lead QA Engineer
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time and Part Time
Backbase is hiring | Lead QA Engineer
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
- We get things done
- We do more with less
- We believe in great design
- We are easy to do business with
- Together we make it work
The Lead QA Engineer is part of Backbase’s R&D Team in Amsterdam and will work closely with our development teams in Amsterdam and New York.
The Lead QA Engineer will work closely together with the development teams on different components of our successful portal platform. We use scrum as our development process, therefore the QA is an integral part of the development teams. The QA Lead is hands-on and will also actively participate in testing. He will own the growth of QA as a discipline withing Backbase R&D. He will be responsible for developing and executing test plans that cover functional, performance, stress and stability requirements.
Furthermore, the position contains the following tasks:
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing test procedures
- Automation of the test procedures
- Bug reporting and tracking, bug analysis and reproduction
- Bachelor degree in computer science or similar;
- 5+ years experience in software testing (GUI testing);
- 5+ years experience with test automation, tools and methodologies e.g. Selenium and Fitnesse;
- Proven scripting or programming skills;
- Familiar with Java Enterprise projects;
- Experience with Scrum;
- Fluent in English and one other European language, Dutch is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience with leading a small team of QA Engineers
- Flexible, hands-on and 'can do' mentality
- Experience with different application servers (Tomcat, Websphere, Jboss) and databases (MySQL, Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server) is an asset.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks, fruit
- Potential International career opportunities
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Senior Global Recruiter) at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com