Lead Procurement & Facilities
Finance | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time and Part Time
The Procurement & Facilities Manager will be responsible for the sourcing of products and services essential for Backbase´s operations. Reporting to the CFO you will be in charge of the activities related to negotiating procurement deals, implementing procurement policies and best practices. You will ensure that products and services are delivered on time and according to the conditions agreed, maintain contact with internal and external parties and search for new suppliers and expand existing networks and relationships. You will oversee and take ownership of the internal service deliveries required for a functioning office. You will conduct research on the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, quality and delivery schedules and identify opportunities for cost savings. Your role will also consist of educating business owners in procurement management and managing day-to-day performance of the office, including direct leadership of the office manager and indirect leadership of reception. You will be responsible for our office in the Netherlands and, if needed, support our UK and US organization.
- Demonstrable five years of relevant experience with procurement;
- Proven knowledge of procurement management;
- Experience overseeing facilities operations (e.g. travel desk, canteen, copiers and printers, rental contracts, lease-cars, business phones, and more);
- Excellent command of the Dutch Language (mandatory)
- People management experience;
- Hands-on, energetic self starter;
- Talent in negotiations and networking;
- Degree level equivalent to HBO.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Roos Bakker by email: roos(at)backbase.com
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.