Lead Backend Developer
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time and Contract
Backbase is hiring | Lead Backend Developer
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Customer Experience Platform (CXP) combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and provides a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 200 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in some of the world’s most vibrant cities, including: London, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The Lead Backend Developer is a member of the Research & Development team. R&D is a multi-disciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled UX designers, software developers, test engineers, technical writers and support engineers, guided by the Chief Architect and the R&D manager. The team is responsible for the entire software development lifecycle of Backbase's portal product suite including out-of-the-box portal solutions. With your experience and skills you will contribute to the quality of our software products, helping to realize successful customer implementations by our Expert Services consultants and partners. You will also benefit from the knowledge and experience of your R&D colleagues. We work in Scrum teams in order to deliver new functionality in every release, closely cooperating with Product Managers and the Expert Services team. The complexity and nature of the product combined with the latest technology trends makes working in R&D at Backbase a great and challenging experience.
As Lead Developer you will be working hands-on with your team, leading the team to meet the project milestones and to deliver high-quality code. With your experience and skills you contribute to the ongoing development of our software products, driving your project team to deliver great new features every release. You work closely with the Product Owners, architects and other Leads to align on priorities and technical design decisions..
The ideal candidate for this challenging and demanding job will fit the following profile:
- Bachelor or Masters-level degree;
- Proven experience (7 plus years) within enterprise projects in different roles;
- 2-4 years experience as a Lead Developer: proven track-record of successfully leading a mid-size development team, able to inspire and motivate others to meet deadlines;
- Capable of transforming business requirements into technical architecture;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Experience within a product organization is an absolute must!
Your personality can be classified as:
- Team player who is passionate about software development and actively shares knowledge;
- Leader by example who takes pride in delivering high-quality software according to plan;
- Flexible, balanced, always striving for improvements.
In addition, you have knowledge of:
- Spring and Spring extensions such as: Web, Security, Data, Batch;
- Persistence frameworks such as Hibernate or JPA;
- Experience with restful services (REST);
- Application Servers such as JBoss, WebSphere, or Weblogic;
- Databases such as Oracle, DB2 or MySQL;
- Experienced with Scrum and Agile practices, automated testing, continuous integration builds;
- Experienced with applying architecture design patterns, application performance tuning, reusability and maintainability of web applications.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Justyna Adamczyk (Tech Recruiter) at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: justyna [at] backbase.com