Junior System Administrator
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Junior System Administrator
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Customer Experience Platform (CXP) combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and provides a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 200 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in some of the world’s most vibrant cities, including: London, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
You'll be part of a small IT team in our Amsterdam office. You will report to the CTO.
Your core responsibility as a systems engineer is to ensure maximum uptime of the Backbase infrastructure. This includes the internal development platform for the Backbase R&D department as well as the network and tools for the Consulting, Training, Support, Marketing and Sales departments. You will work closely with all stakeholders to maintain and expand the development tools and infrastructure.
This results in the following main activities:
- Setup and maintenance of the network infrastructure (VPN / Router / Switches);
- Setup and maintenance of file- and web servers (Linux and Windows administration);
- Setup and maintenance of Application and / or Database Servers;
- Setup and maintenance of computer hardware;
- Backup management;
- Network security;
- Co-define infrastructure policies and procedures.
We consider candidates with various backgrounds, but the following experience is required:
- We look pfor candidates who are passionate about System Engineering, you already build your home network and love maintaining it;
- Some exeperience with desktop support is required;;
- A hands-on and proactive mentality;
- Proven experience and knowledge in engineering and maintenance of servers and server based computers;
- Proficient knowledge of Linux;
- Proven experience and knowledge in office infrastructure maintenance (Domain Controller, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, Wireless);
- Knowledge of backup and imaging methodologies;
- Strong communication skills and a client facing pro-active attitude;
- Good communication skills in English and Dutch;
Nice to have experience and knowledge:
- Hands-on experience with multiple Java Application Containers (Websphere / Oracle AS / WebLogic / GlassFish);
- Hands-on experience with multiple Database Servers (MSSQL 2000 – 2008 / MySQL / Oracle 10g / DB2).
- Proven experience and knowledge of XEN / VMware virtualization
- Proven experience and knowledge of storage;
- Experience with website hosting (Apache Http Server / Apache Tomcat / MySQL);
- Experience with Amazon AWS.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wil Wernars at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wil(at)backbase.com