Java Solutions Architect UK
Professional Services | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Java Solutions Architect UK
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Customer Experience Platform (CXP) combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and provides a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 200 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in some of the world’s most vibrant cities, including: London, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The Solution Architect is a key member of our sales and consultancy team in London.
- Ultimately you are responsible for the successful design and implementation of Customer Experience Portal solutions for our UK clients;
- To our customers you are the trusted advisor, to our sales team you bring technical depth, experience and assurance to a sales opportunity and to our implementation teams you are the technical authority and mentor;
- You are responsible for translating complex requirements into simple and elegant solutions that meet both functional and non-functional requirements;
- You align with the customer’s Architects and Development managers, making sure all key stakeholders are on the same page;
- You deliver sound technical design and solid implementation that is scalable, performing, secure and maintainable;
- You coach other Backbase consultants and drive the implementation of best practices and high quality standards - lead by example.
You will also play a key role in the selection and recruitment of future Backbase technology experts for our UK
We are looking for a rare beast. Someone that can engage technically with the very best but can also translate those technical requirements into a truly compelling business proposition.The ideal candidate for this challenging and demanding job as a Solutions Architect with Backbase will fit the following profile:
- Proven leadership track record in designing and implementing complex, mission-critical and high traffic web architectures;
- Deep experience in designing internet based software architectures that address all aspects such as security, deployment, performance, caching, sizing, scalability, and service availability;
- Hands-on Java expert that leads by example (!);
- Specialties include: scalable architectures, Spring security, Enterprise Application Integration (WOA, SOA) patterns & frameworks, Portal and/or Web Content Management (WCM) implementations;
- Experience in creating solutions for the financial services market is an advantage;
- Fluent and efficient in creating Technical Architecture Documentation & experienced in the use of UML;
- Customer focused and pragmatic solution finder;
- Used in making decisions & ability to lead development teams;
- Equally comfortable in a deep dive technical workshop and a board level sales presentation;
- Excellent communicative skills.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Randy Patist at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: randyp (at) backbase.com