Java Solutions Architect
Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Java Solutions Architect
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
The Java Solutions Architect is part of our Expert Services consultancy team in Amsterdam.
As Java Solutions Architect you are responsible for the successful design and realization of solid solutions with clients. You will be integrating the Backbase products that are based in Web Oriented Architecture to diverse IT landscapes; you will be aligning with the customer’s architects and deliver a sound technical design for the developing of a complete "lightweight" architecture which is scalable, performing, secure and maintainable. You should be hands on and willing to take the design to the realization and delivery phases.
The ideal candidate for this challenging and demanding job as a Java Solution Architect with Backbase will fit the following profile:
- Proven experience and knowledge as a Java Solutions Architect;
- Experience in designing software architectures that address aspects such as security, deployment, performance, caching, sizing, scalability, and service availability;
- Experience in large-scale projects (e.g. large amount of users & integration of various services);
- You should be a hands-on Java expert that leads by example;
- Experience in creating solutions for the financial market is an advantage;
- Hands on experience on Spring Security and SSO is an advantage;
- Integration with CMS, CRM and other systems in SOA architecture is preferable;
- Author of Technical Architecture Documentation & experienced in the use of UML;
- Customer focused;
- Used in making decisions & ability to lead development teams;
- You possess excellent communicative skills in English.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities (USA)
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman, Senior Corporate Recruiter at +31 (0)20 468 6838 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com