Java Solutions Architect
Professional Services | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
The Solution Architect is a key member of our sales and consultancy team in London.
- Ultimately you are responsible for the successful design and implementation of Customer Experience Portal solutions for our UK clients;
- To our customers you are the trusted advisor, to our sales team you bring technical depth, experience and assurance to a sales opportunity and to our implementation teams you are the technical authority and mentor;
- You are responsible for translating complex requirements into simple and elegant solutions that meet both functional and non-functional requirements;
- You align with the customer’s Architects and Development managers, making sure all key stakeholders are on the same page;
- You deliver sound technical design and solid implementation that is scalable, performing, secure and maintainable;
- You coach other Backbase consultants and drive the implementation of best practices and high quality standards - lead by example.
You will also play a key role in the selection and recruitment of future Backbase technology experts for our UK.
We are looking for a rare beast. Someone that can engage technically with the very best but can also translate those technical requirements into a truly compelling business proposition.The ideal candidate for this challenging and demanding job as a Solutions Architect with Backbase will fit the following profile:
- Proven leadership track record in designing and implementing complex, mission-critical and high traffic web architectures;
- Deep experience in designing internet based software architectures that address all aspects such as security, deployment, performance, caching, sizing, scalability, and service availability;
- Hands-on Java expert that leads by example (!);
- Specialties include: scalable architectures, Spring security, Enterprise Application Integration (WOA, SOA) patterns & frameworks, Portal and/or Web Content Management (WCM) implementations;
- Experience in creating solutions for the financial services market is an advantage;
- Fluent and efficient in creating Technical Architecture Documentation & experienced in the use of UML;
- Customer focused and pragmatic solution finder;
- Used in making decisions & ability to lead development teams;
- Equally comfortable in a deep dive technical workshop and a board level sales presentation;
- Excellent communicative skills.
If this job appeals to you and you think you’re up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact Petra Wijnholds by email: petra(at)backbase.com
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- 4% matching pension scheme;
- Life assurance;
- Childcare vouchers;
- International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.