Java Integration Engineer
Professional Services | Atlanta, GA | Full Time
The Java Integration Engineer is part of the Professional Services (PS) team based in Atlanta. PS is a team of specialists with the necessary levels of skill and experience to make sure our product is implemented successfully for our customers. Additionally, PS provides training and implementation support services to our customers and partners.
Our engineers work with partners and customers to ensure our customers successfully achieve their goals. This means you will develop, teach, support and lead teams in delivering enterprise solutions. Additionally, PS provides training and implementation support services to our customers and partners.
You will report to the VP of Professional Services.
The Java Integration Engineer is responsible for integrating our flagship portal products into the enterprise ICT environments of our international clients. During our pilot and implementation projects, you will be part of a highly skilled multidisciplinary team. You will work closely with our clients, architects and front-end engineers to define the integration with the client’s back-end systems, determine implementation details, and realize those implementations.
You will also be responsible for integrating security layers, exposing relevant business data, configuring the Backbase portal, and where necessary develop custom extensions. In some cases, Backbase uses implementation partners when performing full implementations of the product for customers. In your role and as member of Professional Services, you are the expert back-end developer responsible for the guidance and coaching of our partners’ back-end developers and consultants.
Most project work is done in the Backbase office. However, some project executions are performed at the customer site. Therefore, we offer the opportunity to work side by side with our customers worldwide and guide them to successful implementations with the Backbase product
We are looking for motivated candidates that demonstrate:
- An ability to lead.
- Good presentation skills.
- Experience in a client-facing consultancy role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with continuous integration and/or continuous delivery.
- A willingness to travel up to 20% of their time.
- A minimum of five years’ development experience within Java Web/Enterprise projects.
- An understanding of design patterns and N-Tiers architectures.
- Experience with Java EE, Maven.
- Experience with application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere.
- Experience with Spring and other Java frameworks/open source libraries.
- Experience with Spring Security and SSO solutions.
- Experience with SOA and Web Services (Rest/Soap).
- Experience with database applications such as Oracle, MySQL, DB2, as well as with SQL, JDBC and ORM tools.
- Experience with web/enterprise content management systems.
- Experience with web architecture, eg architecture/design patterns, SEO, analytics.
- Experience providing sizing and scalability recommendations, and solving connectivity, performance and deployment issues.
- Experience with web servers such as Apache2, and modules/extensions such as proxy, cache.
- Experience deploying to application servers in enterprise environments.
- Experience with using Agile development methodologies.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Ryan Constant at (470) 881 8780 or by email: ryan(at)backbase.com
Backbase offers a comprehensive Benefits Package through our Human Resources partner TriNet. Employee benefits includes a substantial number of Health Care policy options; Dental and Vision Insurance; Short & Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; 4% Matching 401k plan; Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Paid time off. Backbase coverage is substantial while in addition Backbase, through TriNet, is able to provide the employees with a wide variety of offerings for the employee to custom design benefits that work best for themselves and their families.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.