Java Integration Engineer
Professional Services | Atlanta, GA | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Java Integration Engineer
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Customer Experience Platform (CXP) combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and provides a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 200 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in some of the world’s most vibrant cities, including: London, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The Java Integration Engineer is part of the Expert Services (ES) team based in Atlanta. ES is a team of specialist with the right level of skills and experience to make sure that our product is implemented successfully at our customers. Additionally ES provides training and implementation support services to our customers and partners.
Our engineers work with partners and customers to ensure our customers successfully achieve their goals. This will mean you will develop, teach, support and lead teams in delivering enterprise solutions.
Additionally ES provides training and implementation support services to our customers and partners. You will report to the Services Delivery Director.
As a hands-on Java Integration Engineer you will be responsible for integrating our flagship portal products into the enterprise ICT environments of our international clients. During our pilot and implementation projects you will be part of a highly skilled multidisciplinary team. You work closely with our clients, architects and frontend engineers to define the integration with the client’s back end systems, determine implementation details, and realize those implementations. You will also be responsible for integrating security layers, exposing relevant business data, configuring the Backbase portal, and when necessary develop custom extensions.
In some cases Backbase uses implementation partners when doing full implementations of the product for customers. In your role and as member of Expert Services you are the expert back end developer responsible for the guidance and coaching of our partners’ back end developers and consultants.
Most project work is done in the Backbase office; however, some project executions are done at the customer site. Therefore we offer the opportunity to work side by side with our customers worldwide and guide them to successful implementations with the Backbase product.
We are looking for motivate candidates that show us:
- The ability to lead;
- Have good presentation skills;
- Experience in a client facing consultancy role;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience with continuous integration and/or continuous delivery;
- Willing to travel up to 50%.
Technically were are looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years development experience within Java Web/Enterprise projects;
- Understanding Design patterns and N-Tiers architectures;
- Experience with Java EE, Maven;
- Experience with application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere;
- Experience with Spring and other Java frameworks / open source libraries;
- Experience with Spring Security and SSO solutions;
- Experience with SOA and Web Services (REST/SOAP);
- Experience with database applications such as Oracle, MySql, DB2 as well as with SQL, JDBC and ORM tools;
- Experience with Web/Enterprise Content Management Systems;
- Experience with web architecture, e.g. architecture/design patterns, SEO, analytics;
- Experience providing sizing and scalability recommendations and solving connectivity, performance and deployment issues;
- Experience with web servers such as Apache2 and modules/extensions such as proxy, cache;
- Experience deploying to application servers in enterprise environments;
- Experienced with using Agile development methodologies.
Backbase offers a comprehensive Benefits Package through our Human Resources partner TriNet. Employee benefits includes a substantial number of Health Care policy options; Dental and Vision Insurance; Short & Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; 4% Matching 401k plan; Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Paid time off. Backbase coverage is substantial while in addition Backbase, through TriNet, is able to provide the employees with a wide variety of offerings for the employee to custom design benefits that work best for themselves and their families.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Willem Wijnans by email: willem (at) backbase.com