Java Business Consultant
Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Java Business Consultant
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Portal combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and delivers a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 150 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in four of the world’s most vibrant cities: London, Singapore, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The Java Business Consultant is part of the Expert Services (ES) team. ES is a team of highly motivated specialists with the specific skills and experience required to make sure that the implementation of our product at our customer’s location goes ahead as smoothly as possible. The ES team also provides product training and implementation support services to all of our customers and partners. Every project has its own set of unique challenges that must be overcome, and ES team members must be able to think and react quickly to find a solution that works for everyone.
Our ES consultants work closely with partners and customers all over the world. They have the professional and personal skills required to develop, teach, support, and lead teams towards successfully delivering our enterprise solution and achieving their goals.
As part of the ES team you will report to the Operations Manager ES.
As a Java Business Consultant you will be responsible for customizing and integrating our flagship portal and forms products into the enterprise ICT environments of our international clients. During our pilot and implementation projects you will be part of a highly skilled multidisciplinary team. You work closely with our clients, architects and frontend consultants to define the integration with the client’s back end systems, determine implementation details, and realize those implementations. You will also be responsible for integrating security layers, exposing relevant business data, configuring the Backbase portal, and when necessary develop custom extensions. Finally you are responsible for full forms development cycle from requirement gathering to delivery.
In some cases Backbase uses implementation partners when doing full implementations of the product for customers. In your role and as member of Expert Services you are the expert back end developer responsible for the guidance and coaching of our partners’ back end developers and consultants.
We are looking for motivated candidates who show us:
- The ability to lead;
- Have good presentation skills;
- Experience in a consultancy role;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Extreme flexibility about work location and willingness to travel abroad frequently, sometimes for long periods of time.
Technically were are looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years development experience within Java Web/Enterprise projects;
- Understanding Design patterns and N-Tiers architectures;
- Experience with Java EE, Maven;
- Experience with application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere;
- Experience with Spring and other Java frameworks / open source libraries;
- Experience with Spring Security and SSO solutions;
- Experience with SOA and Web Services (REST/SOAP);
- Experience with database applications such as Oracle, MySql, DB2 as well as with SQL, JDBC and ORM tools;
- Experience with Web/Enterprise Content Management Systems;
- Experience providing sizing and scalability recommendations and solving connectivity and deployment issues;
- Experienced with using Agile development methodologies.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Willem Wijnans at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: willem(at)backbase.com