Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Implementation Consultant
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
The Implementation Consultant will be part of the Professional Services (PS) team. The PS team is our client facing department who provides expert services to our clients. You will report to the Manager PS directly.
As an Implementation Consultant at Backbase you will be the main point of contact for our User eXperience (UX) and Development teams to understand the specific business requirements of our clients. The Implementation Consultant is expect to:
- Gather and define requirements of the business in partnership with the client;
- Write functional requirements and use case specifications (user stories);
- Perform business process gap analysis and manage requirement change;
- Guide the UX team, development team and testing team in solutions definition;
- Become a content expert on the project to serve as a source for team members;
- Configure the functional elements using Backbase Forms, Backbase CMS and Backbase Portal.
You are not a technical expert however, nor are you illiterate in information technology.
You need to be an excellent communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels in an empathic and considerate way. Organizational and cultural sensitivity are a must. Skills & knowledge:
- University education and degree (preferable business or IT related);
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a client facing position;
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in IT related industries;
- Experienced in requirements management an/or process modeling (BABOK, ITIL, UML);
- Knowledge of modern methodologies (RUP/Agile, SCRUM, PRINCE2, Waterfall);
- Strong analytical an communications skills;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English;
- Good time management skills;
- Perseverance to solve complex problems;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Entrepreneurial mentality;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment;
- Experienced in business processes and forms solutions;
- Experienced in requirement management tools;
- Experienced in project management tools, e.g. Jira.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities (USA)
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wil Wernars at 020 468 6838 or by email: wil(at)backbase.com