High Tech Legal Counsel
Finance | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time and Part Time
Backbase is hiring | High Tech Legal Counsel
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience portal. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Portal combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and delivers a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 200 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in four of the world’s most vibrant cities: London, Singapore, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The High Tech Legal Counsel is part of the Backbase Amsterdam team and will report to the Finance Manager and the CEO.
As Legal Counsel you will streamline all legal aspects of a fast growing international high tech company. You will be drafting and negotating software license and support agreements, OEM and distribution/resell agreements and reviewing other commitments for potential liabilities. In addition, you will protect our software and intellectual property from illegal use. You will mediate and advice in potential disputes and you will represent Backbase in court cases.
The ideal candidate for this challenging and demanding job will fit the following profile:
- University degree in law;
- at least 3-7 years experience as a legal counsel in software / high tech licensing and (commercial) contract law, including drafting, negotiating and concluding a wide variety of international contracts;
- Proven excellent contract drafting and negotiating skills in English;
- Business and result oriented with a pro-active and flexible attitude;
- Motivated and enthusiastic teamplayer with strong analytical, issue-spotting and investigatory skills - able to quickly analyze complex factual situations and identify, understand and evaluate key risk issues;
- Service minded self starter with ability to work independently with great communication and interpersonal skills;
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, snacks, fruit and drinks;
- Company Fitness Plan.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wil Wernars (Sr. Recruiter) at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wil(at)backbase.com