Full Stack Developer
Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
The Full Stack Developer is a new role we want to introduce to the Backbase Professional Services (PS) team. You will be required to perform tasks at any level of the technical stack, understanding exactly what happens if a button is pressed in the front-end, through the middleware, all the way to the back-end.
You will report to the Operations Manager PS, and will be based in Amsterdam.
The Full Stack Developer is part of the Professional Services (PS) team. PS is a team of specialists with the necessary levels of skill and experience to ensure our product is implemented successfully for our customers. Additionally, PS provides training and implementation support services to our customers and partners.
You will be setting up servers, network infrastructure and databases, interacting with the external APIs through many different methods, setup quality assurance controls through automation, while at the same time understand the customer and business needs, translating these to your team members. You’ll be the connecting element between our front-end developers and back-end developers, utilizing best practices and latest advancements to make life easier for everyone.
We are looking for motivated candidates who demonstrate:
- an ability to lead
- the skills to connect back-end development to front-end development and devops
- an ability to work independently, but also as part of a team
- the ability to architect front-end applications
- good presentation skills
- training and coaching skills
- flexibility regarding work location, plus a willingness to travel abroad frequently, sometimes for long periods.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Full Stack Developer, with a focus on back-end.
- Experience with Java EE Technologies such as ActiveMQ, Service Mix, Spring, Hibernate and others.
- Building using patterns (MVC, widgets, modular).
- Experience with application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere.
- Experience with Spring Security and SSO solutions.
- Experience with database applications such as Oracle, MySql, DB2, as well as with SQL, JDBC and ORM tools.
- Experience providing sizing and scalability recommendations, and solving connectivity and deployment issues.
- Knowledge about Micro Services, including setting up secure containers such as Docker/Vagrant.
- Experienced with using Agile development methodologies.
- Style and UX skills.
- Providing analytical support to customer challenges and alternative solutions.
If this job appeals to you and you think you’re up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact Roos Bakker by email: roos(at)backbase.com
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks, fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- International career opportunities.
Backbase offers a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment, where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.