Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Frontend Consultant
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
As frontend consultant you are part of the Expert Services (ES) department of Backbase in Amsterdam. You will report to the Manager Operations.
As a frontend consultant you will collaborate with strategic clients in the design, development and evolution of mission critical web applications. During our pilot and implementation projects you will be part of a highly skilled multidisciplinary team. You work closely with our clients, architects and backend consultants to implement complex and modern web applications based on Object Oriented architecture and applying solid programming patterns without loosing the creativity aspect of the work in hand. Our frontend consultants do a wide variety of work including Ajax training and best practices consulting, frontend technical design, and application development on high quality standards.
Backbase uses implementation partners when doing full implementations of the product for clients. In your role and as member of Expert Services you are the expert frontend consultant responsible for the guidance and coaching of our partners’ frontend consultants.
Most project work is done in the Backbase office; however, some project executions are done at the client site. Therefore, since our product is sold worldwide, you sometimes have to travel and work abroad for periods ranging from a few days up to a few weeks.
The ideal candidate for this challenging position as a Front-end Consultant within Backbase will fit the following profile:
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a Front-end Developer;
- Master in cross-browser compatibility issues;
- Good understanding of Object Oriented architecture;
- Some experience in Java/.Net/PHP is a plus;
- Experience with performance tuning, re-usability and maintainability of Ajax software;
- Quality driven & pixel-perfect focused;
- Experience with automated testing of front-end deliverables is a plus (e.g. Selenium);
- Understanding and experience with service oriented architecture and design patterns is an advantage;
- Able to mentor junior colleagues and guide customers;
- You possess excellent communicative skills in English;
- Ability to present to audience;
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience)
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities (USA)
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Burak Oktem at +31 (0)20 468 6838 or by email: burak(at)backbase.com