Products | New York, NY | Full Time
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
As Frontend Software Engineer you are part of the R&D department of Backbase in New York. R&D uses Scrum as development process, along with elements from XP and TDD. The Scrum teams are highly self-responsible which gives you a lot of freedom as well as responsibility to deliver functionality as a team. As a Frontend Developer you will join one of the Scrum teams.
Backbase has strong ambitions to become a major player in its field and provides a challenging, professional, informal working environment.
As a Front End Developer you will be working on our flagship portal product, using the latest technologies. You will be joining a highly skilled team of both Frontend and Java developers that provides lots of opportunities to both demonstrate and improve your skills.
The ideal candidate for this challenging position as a Front End Developer within Backbase will fit the following profile:
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a Frontend Software Engineer;
- Master in cross-browser compatibility;
- Good understanding of Object Oriented architecture;
- Experience with Scrum and Test-Driven-Development is desirable;
- Experience with performance tuning, reusability and maintainability of Ajax software;
- Quality driven & pixel-perfect focused;
- Experience with automated testing of frontend deliverables is a plus (e.g. Selenium);
- Understanding and experience on architecture design patterns is an advantage;
- Able to mentor junior colleagues;
- You possess good communicative skills in English;
- You are proficient at expressing your professional opinion but listen to and value other contributions at the same time;
- You understand the importance of customers in product development and are capable of translating functional requirements into a technical design;
- Experience within a product organization is an absolute plus!
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
Backbase offers a comprehensive Benefits Package through our Human Resources partner TriNet. Employee benefits includes a substantial number of Health Care policy options; Dental and Vision Insurance; Short & Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; 4% Matching 401k plan; Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Paid time off. Backbase coverage is substantial while in addition Backbase, through TriNet, is able to provide the employees with a wide variety of offerings for the employee to custom design benefits that work best for themselves and their families.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman, Senior Recruiter Backbase by email: wouter(at)backbase.com or call +31 (0)20 465 8888