Event Coordinator (fixed term 6 months)
Sales | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Event Coordinator (fixed term 6 months)
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
- We get things done
- We do more with less
- We believe in great design
- We are easy to do business with
- Together we make it work
The Event Coordinator is part of the marketing team based in Amsterdam and reports to the marketing manager.
Backbase is looking for an experienced Event Coordinator for a fixed term of 6 months. You should have a genuine passion for event management, an eye for detail and feel for customer service. As Event Coordinator within Backbase you will be responsible for at least two global events (held in London and New York) where you will take full responsibility for the logistics, attendee sales and inquiries, speaker commitments and sponsorship. This role is part of the Global Marketing Team and reports to the Head of Marketing.
- Producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
- Managing registration lists, databases and RSVP's;
- Coordinating venue management, caterers, (stand) designers, contractors and equipment hire;
- Liaising with clients and designers to create event collateral;
- Identifying and securing speakers or special guests;
- Working with and securing event sponsors;
- Responsible for event sales (ticketing and sponsorships)
- Responsible for post event reconciliation and budgeting;
- Liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event;
- Coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly;
- Post-event evaluation (including data entry and producing reports for event stakeholders).
- Minimum 4 years of Event Hosting / Coordination experience.
- Passion for creating fun events and experiences
- Must possess the ability to pay CONSTANT attention to detail
- Outgoing personality and strong ability to make someone feel comfortable
- Outstanding communication skills and great professional presence: fluent in English is a must
- Ability to work events on nights and weekends and being able to travel
- Customer service experience
- Must have ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline oriented, high-energy environment with a consistent CAN DO attitude!
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Eveliese Luiting at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: eveliese(at)backbase.com