Enterprise Software Sales Australia
Sales | Sydney or Melbourne, Australia | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Enterprise Software Sales Australia
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Portal combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and delivers a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 150 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in four of the world’s most vibrant cities: London, Singapore, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The Enterprise Software Sales works from Australia (Sydney or Melbourne) and will report to the Backbase VP Sales Europe. You will be responsible for driving strategic sales initiatives into Financial Services companies and other medium to large enterprises in Australia and New Zealand. Your main focus will be new business development. Additionally you are responsible for local customers and drive customer satisfaction and manage addition revenue opportunities. You must be an expert in managing complex enterprise software sales cycles, from the beginning to closing.
You will manage complex enterprise software sales cycles - which include the following activities:
- Identify, connect and actively engages with key targets, influencers and decision makers inside an organization;
- Diagnose customer’s business issues, latent needs or technology pain points and translate these into a compelling solution and vision;
- Develop and maintain senior-level relationships with E-Business and IT executives within target accounts;
- Building a strong local partner network with leading web agencies, regional system integrators and global system integrators.
- Develop comprehensive sales and account plans to achieve sales quota; focus on the development of opportunities at new target accounts and joint business development with our partners;
- Understand the industry and competitive landscape;
- Collaborate with a team of world-class pre-sales engineers feeding them with spot-on intelligence;
- Actively funnels opportunities, monitors the pipeline and creates and maintain a weekly product and services forecast and commitment overview;
- Follow Solution Selling and/or SPIN best practices during the sales cycle;
- Drive the development and continuous upgrade of our sales tools and pre sales instruments;
- Negotiate pricing & legal terms - close contracts (with support of senior management).
We are seeking an experienced sales performer with proven track record in selling medium to large enterprise software deals.
- 7+ years of successful enterprise software selling into medium to large enterprises in Australia and New Zealand;
- Deep domain expertise in one or more of the following software categories: Web Content Management, Digital Marketing, Customer Experience Management, Portals and Enterprise Application Integration, e-Commerce, Social, e-CRM or similar;
- A proven track record of driving and closing enterprise deals;
- Consistent meeting or overachievement of quota and revenue goals
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Ability to sell C-Level and across both IT and business units. Proven consultative sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value statement.
- Strong technical aptitude;
- Passion and commitment for customer success;
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wouter (at) backbase.com