Enterprise Sales Executive
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Enterprise Sales Executive
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
Due to growing market demand, Backbase has several Enterprise Sales Executive positions available in our sales team at our New York office.
As Enterprise Sales Executive you will report to the General Manager North America.
You will manage the complete sales process in the East Coast territory, which may include the following:
- Develop and maintains senior-level relationships with E-Business and IT executives within target accounts;
- Diagnose customer’s business issues, latent needs or technology pain points and translate these into a compelling solution and vision;
- Develop comprehensive sales and account plans to achieve sales quota; focus is on the development of opportunities at new target accounts and development of new markets with our partners;
- Identify, connect and actively engages with key targets, influencers and decision makers inside an organization;
- Pro-actively identifies new opportunities and qualifies generated leads;
- Pro-actively identify new opportunities and qualify generated leads;
- Understand the industry and competitive landscape;
- Collaborate with a team of world-class pre-sales engineers feeding them with spot-on intelligence;
- Actively funnels opportunities, monitors the pipeline and creates and maintain a weekly product and services forecast;
- Follow Solution Selling and/or SPIN best practices during the sales cycle;
- Drive the development and continuous upgrade of our sales tools and pre sales instruments;
- Negotiate pricing & close contracts (with support of senior management).
The ideal candidate for this job, matches the following profile:
- 5-7 years successful sales track record in meeting or exceeding assigned individual quota between $1.5MM and $3.0MM
- BA/BS degree;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in selling state-of-the-art web based technologies like Portal, CMS/WCM and/or eCRM software;
- Must have experience selling software solutions to both e-Business and IT executives and preferably at financial customers;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including strong presentation skills, both in person and remotely;
- Strong analytical / decision making ability;
- Energetic, self starter, great sense of humor;
- Inspires team members and customers;
- Goal getter, who is adaptable and creative;
- Drive to raise the bar continuously;
- Sharp communication and presenting skills with an ability to articulate the Backbase message and its values;
- Demonstrates high Integrity;
- Initiates and drives commercial processes.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
Backbase offers a comprehensive Benefits Package through our Human Resources partner TriNet. Employee benefits includes a substantial number of Health Care policy options; Dental and Vision Insurance; Short & Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; 4% Matching 401k plan; Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Paid time off. Backbase coverage is substantial while in addition Backbase, through TriNet, is able to provide the employees with a wide variety of offerings for the employee to custom design benefits that work best for themselves and their families.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Backbase Recruitment at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: recruitment(at)backbase.com