Sales | Johannesburg, South Africa | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Digital Strategist
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
Backbase is a Visionary software vendor listed the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software. Next to that Backbase is a boutique consultancy firm helping customers defining their digital strategies. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters), New York City, Moscow, Singapore, Dubai, Tel Aviv, Johannesburg or London.
At Backbase we have a special set of values that make us who we are. We hire and evaluate our employees on these values. It is our company DNA.
- We get things done
- We do more with less
- We believe in great design
- We are easy to do business with
- Together we make it work
You will be responsible for digital strategy consultancy to our clients. Together with our Senior Sales Executive based in Amsterdam you will chase opportunities where digital strategies can be realized with our Backbase Bank 2.0 solution.
The Senior Digital Strategist is expected to:
- Be the local Backbase representative in South Africa;
- Develop and maintain relationships with E-business & IT executives of our target clients;
- Diagnose customer’s business issues, latent needs or technology pain points and translate these into a compelling digital vision & solution with our Backbase software;
- Pro-actively identify new opportunities and deliver digital strategy consultancy
- Use consultative sales skills to work together with Senior Sales Executive in selling our Backbase portal solution.
- Work together with our UX and technical team to ensure that customers get the maximum value of the Backbase Bank 2.0 platform.
- Have a 60% billability with your clients and spend 40% acquiring new business.
You have many years experience in helping customers using their digital channels to create business value. You are an excellent communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels in an empathic and considerate way. You are familiar with the latest web technologies & concepts and know how to use them in a digital strategy.
Skills & knowledge:
- 3-7 years experience in a similar role.
- Strong consultancy skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial mentality and web dna.
- Experience with tooling like eSocial, eCrm, WebAnalytics etc.
- Demonstrates top-notch communication and presentation skills with the ability to creatively sell solutions to all decision-making levels.
- Strong knowledge of web technologies
- Strong business development focuses, willing to prospect and uncover new potential banks and drive to develop opportunities from prospect level through to deal close and then manage ongoing relationships.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Senior International Recruiter) at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com