Development Manager R&D
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Development Manager R&D
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
The Development Manager R&D is based in Amsterdam and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the R&D teams. Our R&D departement is responsible for the product development for the Backbase Suite. The development manager will report to the VP R&D.
You will have an established background in building, releasing and managing world-class product software to be deployed in enterprise environments with the highest IT standards; have excellent project management skills, great communication skills, solid experience of working with a global team of highly skilled professionals and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced technology driven environment.
You are passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. You are results-oriented, customer-focused software development manager who gets excited about starting from scratch, running hard, and solving tough technical and operational challenges. You will lead a team of smart software development and support engineers. You will work closely with product managers, senior management, architects, customer support and development leads within Backbase to initiate and drive the development processes and its people to deliver the best possible product out of a world-class R&D department.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead a nimble team of software engineers to architect, develop, test and deploy high quality software solutions with unrelenting customer focus;
- Management and execution against back logs and delivery commitments;
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Development teams running in an Agile/Scrum environment;
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management;
- Management and recruitment of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class team;
- Develop the long-term strategy for your improvement programs that align with our road map.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background and a credible track record in the software engineering space, be passionate about their work, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities. Specific job qualifications include:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Strong technical credentials, with at least 5 years experience managing product software development teams;
- Proven experience with documentation, quality assurance and support of enterprise level applications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences;
- A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders;
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills;
- Consistent track record of delivery.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities (USA)
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Eveliese Luiting at 020 468 6838 or by email: eveliese(at)backbase.com