Delivery Director UK
Professional Services | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Delivery Director UK
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Customer Experience Platform (CXP) combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and provides a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 200 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in some of the world’s most vibrant cities, including: London, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
Backbase Expert Services Globally
Backbase Expert Services is made up of dynamic, high-energy digital professionals who love what they do. Our team of more than 100 product consultants is spread around the world but their dedication and passion for their work makes them a very close-knit group. They come from many different disciples, with backgrounds in anything from business management to software development. Among them are UX design specialists, business analysts, project managers, and software engineers with a passion for UI technology. One they thing the share is a desire to make Backbase CXP the best it can be. At Backbase we hire bright people, who are willing to learn and are motivated to succeed. We believe that the complexity and enterprising nature of our projects, combined with the opportunity to work with the latest web and mobile technologies, makes working at Backbase a great, rewarding experience.
Backbase Expert Services UK
Backbase has recently won a number of large customer contracts in the UK market and is now working towards building a local, UK-based Expert Services unit. The new Delivery Director UK position requires a dynamic and experienced person who can direct multiple teams of young IT professionals to offer the best service in a demanding field, namely helping large financials create outstanding customer experiences with their next-generation digital banking projects. The Delivery Director UK will report directly to the VP UK & Ireland.
Within the UK team you will be responsible for the UK Project Management Office and Business Analyst Office. You will be required to carefully steer and monitor our performance across multiple UK projects. You are responsible for overall customer satisfaction and are an important driver in ensuring that our relationships with customers continue to grow. Within the UK team you will work closely with the Sales Team (new business) and with the Chief Architect, who is responsible for guiding and executing the technical implementation strategy. You will also be the face of Backbase and be responsible for presenting all of our strategic technology choices to our clients.
As a Delivery Director UK at Backbase you will be the main point of contact for our clients. You fulfill an important role in supporting and advising clients on the implementation of their internet applications and how to get the most out of the Backbase Solution they have purchased. The Delivery Director UK is expected to:
- Lead the Project Management Office (PMO) and the Business Analyst Office (BMA) for Backbase in the UK;
- Perform project inception sessions with customers and internal Backbase experts to guarantee proper project scoping, architecture clarity, staffing and planning;
- Work with the project managers, business analysts, and solution architects to steer all client projects in the UK. As the owner of the overall project portfolio, you must manage multiple project teams and ensure metric realization;
- Devise and execute performance reports to ensure high level of service. As well as coach, mentor, provide feedback, and improve the skill set and productivity of the team;
- Identify, innovate, and execute business ideas to improve service delivery and improve client retention ratio of the company;
- Recruit top notch team members (project managers, business analysts) and be involved in the appraisal of, and career planning for employees;
- Work closely with the solution architects and project managers to make sure all project teams develop according to the Backbase product vision, and are correctly aligned on interdependencies.
The ideal candidate will match the following requirements:
- Has a proven leadership track record (10+ years) in designing and running implementation projects for complex, mission-critical, and high traffic web applications on rock-solid architecture;
- Deep experience of designing and running a PMO for complex e-business projects that have a high degree of IT engineering;
- Understands the expectations of enterprise customers, and places a high value on User Experience and solid project delivery process;
- Is able to motivate employees and sustain a culture of creativity, performance, and innovation;
- Is a pragmatic solution finder who is used to making project trade-offs and decisions & subsequently drive these decisions throughout the overall project execution;
- Has strong analytical skills, strong consultancy skills, and strong communication skills (written / verbal);
- Is flexible regarding work location and is willing to travel abroad.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wil Wernars at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wil(at)backbase.com