Business Development Manager Russia
Sales | Moscow, Russia | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Business Development Manager Russia
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, lthe banking legacy systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
Backbase is a Visionary software vendor listed the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software, and is used by medium to large financials around the world, including ABN AMRO bank, Barclays, Deutsche Bank, ING bank, Tinkoff Credit Systems and Sberbank. Backbase has offices in Amsterdam (headquarters), New York City, Moscow, Singapore and London.
At Backbase we have a special set of values that make us who we are. We hire and evaluate our employees on these values. It is our company DNA.
- We get things done
- We do more with less
- We believe in great design
- We are easy to do business with
- Together we make it work
The Business Developmet Manager will join/lead our sales team based in our Moscow office and will report to our VP Sales Europe based in Amsterdam.
You will be responsible for driving strategic sales initiatives into the Financial Services Industry in Russia. Your accounts will be a blend of clients with addition revenue opportunities and prospects. You must be able to forecast sales activity and revenue achievement while creating satisfied and referenceable customers.
You will manage the complete sales process which may include the following:
- Develop and maintain senior-level relationships with E-Business and IT executives within target accounts;
- Diagnose customer’s business issues, latent needs or technology pain points and translate these into a compelling solution and vision;
- Develop comprehensive sales and account plans to achieve sales quota; focus is on the development of opportunities at new target accounts and development of new markets with our partners;
- Identify, connect and actively engages with key targets, influencers and decision makers inside an organization;
- Pro-actively identify new opportunities and qualify generated leads;
- Understand the industry and competitive landscape;
- Collaborate with a team of world-class pre-sales engineers feeding them with spot-on intelligence;
- Actively funnels opportunities, monitors the pipeline and creates and maintain a weekly product and services forecast;
- Follow Solution Selling and/or SPIN best practices during the sales cycle;
- Drive the development and continuous upgrade of our sales tools and pre sales instruments;
- Negotiate pricing & close contracts (with support of senior management).
We are seeking a proven, native Russian speaking quota-carrying sales performer to help us grow our loyal Russian customer base in Financial Services. Responsibilities include generating new business in existing accounts and in new markets, as well as playing a key role as you drive strategic, next-generation customer experience portal- and e-Banking technology initiatives for companies across Financial Services vertical. Additional efforts include:
- Lead qualification for all leads and sales opportunities
- Up-selling and leveraging business from new and established customer relationships
- Successfully direct sales into medium to large companies in Russia;
- 7-10 years of enterprise solution sales experience selling, preferably in CRM, ERP, BI, CMS, Portal technology;
- Experience in selling for software vendor with HQ in US or Europe;
- A proven track record of driving and closing enterprise deals;
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals;
- Able to work in agile / start-up type of operation;
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Strategic account planning and execution skills;
- Ability to sell C-Level and across both IT and business DMU members;
- Strong technical attitude;
- Passion and commitment for customer success;
- Ability to sell both an application and deployment of a platform;
- Strong time management skills;
- Proven consultative sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value statement;
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including sales commission. Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Senior Global Recruiter) at 31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wouter (at) backbase.com