Business Analyst (Software Development)
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Business Analyst (Software Development)
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Customer Experience Platform (CXP) combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and provides a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 200 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in some of the world’s most vibrant cities, including: London, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The Business Analyst is a member of the Research & Development team. R&D is a multi-disciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled UX designers, software developers, test engineers, technical writers and support engineers, guided by the Chief Architect and the R&D manager. The team is responsible for the entire software development lifecycle of Backbase's portal product suite including out-of-the-box portal solutions. With your experience and skills you will contribute to the quality of our software products, helping to realize successful customer implementations by our Expert Services consultants and partners. You will also benefit from the knowledge and experience of your R&D colleagues. We work in Scrum teams in order to deliver new functionality in every release, closely cooperating with Product Managers and the Expert Services team. The complexity and nature of the product combined with the latest technology trends makes working in R&D at Backbase a great and challenging experience.
As a Business Analyst at Backbase you work closely with our Product teams, the Backbase UX design and the Development team. You are responsible for analyzing, capturing, and writing detailed requirements for the new product initiatives.
This is a crucial role within Backbase, because you are in the driver seat to help our development teams deliver business value.
The Business Analyst is expected to:
- Analyze and capture requirements of the project in close collaboration with your stakeholders;
- Write functional requirements using use case specifications, user stories, and acceptance criteria;
- Support and work closely with the product owners for multiple initiatives.
You need to be a good communicator in both writing and verbally, and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels.
Skills & knowledge:
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role for software development;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English;
- Hands-on mentality, self-starter and ability to work with deadlines;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment;
- Experienced in requirements management;
- Perseverance and pragmatism to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge and experienced with methodologies, e.g. SCRUM, Agile, Jira and Confluence tools;
- Experience in Financial Services industry;
- Experienced with Portal technology;
- Experienced with Web Content Management;
- Experienced with Digital Marketing Tools;
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Eveliese Luiting at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: eveliese (at)backbase.com