Business Analyst (Software Development)
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Sr Business Analyst - freelance / contractor 6 months
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Portal combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and delivers a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 150 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in four of the world’s most vibrant cities: London, Singapore, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The Senior Business Analyst is part of the Expert Services (ES) team. ES is a team of specialist with the right level of skills and experience to make sure that our product is implemented successfully at our customers. Our team provides expertise for the delivery of web solution using Backbase products for browser based applications and also mobile web applications.
Senior Consultants in their specialist field will work with partners and customers to ensure our customers successfully achieve their goals. This will mean you will develop, teach, support and lead teams in delivering enterprise solutions.
Additionally ES provides training and implementation support services to our customers and partners. You will report to the Operations Manager ES.
As a Senior Business Analyst at Backbase you work closely with our customers and the Backbase UX design and Development team. You are responsible for analyzing, capturing and prioritizing the requirements for the new customer experience initiatives of our customers.
This is a crucial role within the Backbase ES team, because you are in the driver seat to help our customers realize their customer experience vision. You have to manage customer expectations and help them to translate their vision into a project backlog that can be implemented within time and budget. The job comes with great responsibility and offers the opportunity to work side by side with our customers worldwide and guide them successful implementations with the Backbase product.
The senior Business Analyst is expect to:
- Gather define and prioritize requirements of the project in close collaboration with the client;
- Write functional requirements using use case specifications or user stories;
- Perform business process gap analysis and manage requirement change;
- Act as "product owner" for the project to guide the team making the right choices to maximize project & customer success;
- Configure the various customer experience building blocks using Backbase Portal Manager and Backbase Forms Studio.
You need to be an excellent communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels. Organizational and cultural sensitivity are a must.
Skills & knowledge:
- University education and degree (preferable business or IT related);
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role for full service internet bureau;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a client facing position;
- Experienced with Web Content Management;
- Experienced with Digital Marketing Tools;
- Experienced in requirements management an/or process modeling;
- Knowledge of multiple development methodologies, e.g. RUP, Kanban, SCRUM, Waterfall;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in Dutch and English;
- Perseverance and pragmatism to solve complex problems;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment;
- Experienced in business processes and forms solutions;
- Experience in Financial Services industry;
- Experienced with Digital Marketing;
- Experienced in requirement management tools;
- Experienced in project management tools;
- Experienced with e-commerce.
6 months contract, starting date early February 2014
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com