Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Business Analyst
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
The Business Analyst will be part of the Expert Services (ES) team. The ES team is our client facing department who provides professional services to our clients. You will report to the Operations Manager ES directly.
As an Business Analyst at Backbase you will be the main point of contact for our User eXperience (UX) and Development teams to understand the specific business requirements of our clients. The Business Analyst is expect to:
- Gather and define requirements of the business in partnership with the client;
- Write functional requirements and use case specifications (user stories);
- Perform business process gap analysis and manage requirement change;
- Guide the UX team, development team and testing team in solutions definition;
- Become a content expert on the project to serve as a source for team members;
- Configure the functional elements using Backbase Forms, Backbase CMS and Backbase Portal.
You are not a technical expert however, nor are you illiterate in information technology.
You need to be an excellent communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels in an empathic and considerate way. Organizational and cultural sensitivity are a must. Skills & knowledge:
- University education and degree (preferable business or IT related);
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a client facing position;
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in IT related industries;
- Experienced in requirements management an/or process modeling (BABOK, ITIL, UML);
- Knowledge of modern methodologies (RUP/Agile, SCRUM, PRINCE2, Waterfall);
- Strong analytical an communications skills;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in Dutch and English;
- Good time management skills;
- Perseverance to solve complex problems;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Entrepreneurial mentality;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment;
- Experienced in business processes and forms solutions;
- Experienced in requirement management tools;
- Experienced in project management tools, e.g. Jira.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities (USA)
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Senior Coporate Recruiter) at + 31 (0)20 468 6838 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com